Klopp: We didn't get the result we wanted, and we're happy about it

Min menu

Pages

🔥🔥 latest news 🔥🔥

Klopp: We didn't get the result we wanted, and we're happy about it

 


Liverpool coach Juergen Klopp spoke to the press after a 1-1 draw against Newcastle United in the 16th round of the Premier League, at St James's Park.



"The Premier League teams are all good," Klopp said. "We had a lot of chances, the opponent is good and this is happening all the time. You may not think I have to lift my hat for my team after this performance, it was really good."



"Can we play better football? Yes, but in this game we did enough to win it, I think we have four chances with 100% goals. We beat Newcastle before with fewer chances," he added.



"I am happy with the things I saw tonight and I can really work with them. The players are frustrated and rightly so, but not because of the performance, because it is a basis to build on in the next few days, weeks and months."



"Alcantara? We can see how good a footballer he is, now we have to see his reaction, we have another match in 4 days, James Milner played a great game in midfield after injury, Phillips did his job against the attackers hard."



"A really good game, but not the result we want," he concluded.

reaction:

Comments